Sunday, June 12, 2011

The time has come to talk about BO.

Everyone has BO, if our underarms are left unchecked.  Whether we spent the day hiking, or just didn't have time to take a shower, it is the reasons that huge corporations make untold amounts of money each year on deodorant products.

Have you ever looked at the ingredients on the labels of your deodorant?  You should.  Your underarms are extremely porous and all those odor fighting chemicals get absorbed right into your body.  

So what is the solution?  Well, I found something really simple and effective, that you can make yourself for essentially pennies.

You will need an 8 ounce spray bottle (or cotton balls if you like, but that seems wasteful to me), rubbing alcohol, and essential peppermint oil (optional)

When I read this,  recipe (also at DIYNatural, I believe), I let out a very audible "O DUH!".  

The rubbing alcohol kills the germs that CAUSE BO, essentially getting rid of any need to cover it up!  You wont smell like baby powder and guys you wont smell like a freshly cleaned hamster cage.  You will smell like YOU!  And my bet is, that without BO, that really isnt so bad.  

So anyway, here is the directions, and I'll get back to gushing about it in a minute.

fill your spray bottle with rubbing alcohol and add 5 drops of peppermint oil.  Screw on lid.  Shake.  Spray on your under arms.  super easy, simplistic, not toxic, all natural.

Ok, so what about sweat?  

Well, I'm not an excessively sweaty person, but I have not had a problem with perspiration since I started  using this in lieu of commercial deodorants about 3 weeks ago.  

So here are a couple of extra bonuses to using this.  No matter how hot it gets, rubbing alcohol feels cool on the skin, so it is incredibly refreshing on hot days.   I believe the peppermint helps with perspiration, but I have no evidence of this, so it is just speculation.  

If you try any of these things that I post on this blog, please leave a comment to let me know what you think!

Game Of Thrones is on.  I'm out of here until next time!  Have a great week!

(*DISCLAIMER*

Just because I say something is "non-toxic" doesn't mean you should eat or ingest it. I take no responsibility for anyone being dumb and using anything I post for something other than what I say it is for.)


No comments:

Post a Comment